we packed-up our "perfect happy little summer shoes" last week,
and headed out for a little summer holiday...
we're enjoying lots of special celebrations and sweet times
with our family and friends!
I just popped-in to share *again*(by an overwhelming amount of requests!)
the tutorial for the "perfect happy little shoes for summer" ...
1. begin with a plain pair of flip-flops
2. cut a butterfly shape from your choice of fabric
(I chose two for extra stability)
3. stitch the two fabrics together using embroidery floss
4. cut a slightly larger butterfly shape from another fabric
and loosely stitch a gather in the center
5. cut a fourth piece of fabric in a strip and stitch down the center and ruffle,
then stitch all pieces together down the center
6. cut a long narrow strip of fabric and tie around the butterfly body,
knotting at the top, trim ends to form "antennas"
7. sew a vintage bead or stone for the butterfly head
8. simply attach the butterflies to the flip-flops using hot glue
(and I added a few stitches using an upholstery needle too)
and now try on your new perfect happy little summer shoes!
Have a wonderful week!!