Friday, March 25, 2011

A pocket full of posies...

quite literally!
A simple little spring surprise I created for Princess #2...

beginning with a t-shirt I found with a tiny pocket...
(from Walmart for $4.50!- they have other colors too!)

then using one of my all-time favorite creative supplies:
fabric scraps!
do you save all your scraps too?
 sometimes just seeing them all together makes me smile!- so bright & cheerful!

I simply cut my designs from chosen scraps,
layered circles and strips for the stems,
and stitched them to the shirt!
(I did use heat-n-bond first for durability, I also chose to stitch
a bit away from the edges to allow a little fraying- which I love!)

but my favorite part of this little project was how excited Princess #2 was
with her new "spring surprise"!-
and then finding she had prepared her little outfit for the day...

complete with her precious accessories!
just melts my heart!! 

all from a simple "pocket full of posies"!

Happy weekend! &
Many Blessings!
Jill

14 comments:

  1. LOVE!!! You are the best mama:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! pockets are great, especially full of posies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a smart thing to do...The flowers are so very cute and so Springy...
    I think I'll give this a try for my little granddaughters...
    Thanks for sharing all the details..
    Blessings,
    Shug

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this, Jill!!! So fun and colorful and SPRING! THanks for sharing.:) Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. The loveliest pocket full of posies I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! I wanna make one for myself -- is that weird considering I'm 43? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. That shirt is adorable! Now I want to make one for myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love the stems coming out of the pocket! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always.. so cheerful and sweet and smile inducing. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way too adorable for words my sweet friend oxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this look...so cute!
    Daisy~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know exactly what you mean about fabric scraps! Why is it so hard to throw them away? I love this project! It turned out so cute and I love the fact that your daughter laid out her outfit. Jewelery and all! Precious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note! I truly treasure each one!
Lots of love and many Blessings!- Jill