Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sunshine! (in a pan)

I don't know what your weather is like but ours is gray and cold with freezing rain falling.
So... a great day for "sunshine in a pan", a.k.a. : Lemon Squares!

Warning: These are super delicious and very addictive
you can't eat just one- Oh, maybe you can-
ONE WHOLE PAN! :)

Crust:
1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour
pat into a greased 9 x 13
Bake at 350 for about 18 minutes

Filling:
mix and pour over hot crust
4 slightly beaten eggs
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup lemon juice
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes
when done sprinkle with powdered sugar

Enjoy!
Many Blessings!

special note: when I take these as a gift or part of a meal to a friend I like to top them with Pansies from my garden- washed of course!- (did you know Pansies are edible?)

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh!
    Yum-Yummy!
    Thanks for the scrumptious recipe, Friend. :)And yes, we've eaten pansies....even nastriums on our salad! (organic, of course) I've seen sugared pansies that look so pretty...and yummy, too!!

    I'll email you later on tonight. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note! I truly treasure each one!
Lots of love and many Blessings!- Jill